Thursday, 15 March 2012

Fabulous at 30 at the Great John Street Hotel Manchester

My card from one of my best friends Louise!

I was lucky enough to be able to book into The Great John Street Hotel in Manchester last week for my 30th Birthday! I searched everywhere looking for the perfect place to have afternoon tea with my Mum and Sister last week. 

We had already been to the Hilton Hotel last year for Mums birthday which was lovely but we wanted a change. Various places offered afternoon tea including The Midland Hotel, Harvey Nichols 2nd Floor Restaurant and Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel. For different reasons and various feedback I decided to Google The Great John Street Hotel, My friend Louise had previously used the hotel for a fashion photo shoot a few years ago and she was in love with it ever since!
I wasn't disappointed with the website and only hoped the Hotel itself lived up to the photos.

It Did!

I think my Mum was wondering where I was taking her as we wondered through Spinningfields to get to the hotel. As we walked round the corner, Wow! We were in front of a big door with the initials GJS we we were here!

Greeted by a lovely young girl who made you feel right at home. She took our names and led us to our reserved table in The Library area. Sitting alongside business men and women, couples and girl friends it was a nice mix of people. We didn't feel out of place as we cosied into the beautiful chairs. After all that shopping we needed a sit down!

The Library area
Love the wallpaper!

Soon the waitress brought over a tray with large silver teapots full to the brim with tea and my sisters tall latte. After a sip of my tea we looked up to see a huge cake stand bursting with finger sandwiches (no crusts of course), a lovely assortment of cakes and warm scones yummy. Plenty enough for all of us.

It was all displayed so beautifully, jams in pots, individual servings of cream and the biggest strawberry's I've ever seen!

Decisions, decisions!
Yummy cakes!
 
To think I literally booked us in that morning (I left it a bit last minute I know!) They accommodated us amazingly well. It's not recommended though as we probably tested the chef a bit as all the ingredients looked fresh that day.

Everything looked and tasted wonderful. We really enjoyed every mouthful.

After eating I asked if we could take a look around as I knew it was such a lovely place I just wanted to have a bit of a nosey. 

The Great John Street is such cool place. You can see why its a boutique hotel. Its right up my street in the way its decorated. Very unusual and quirky, some utility/industrial furniture mixed with bright luscious fabrics for that feminine touch.

Here's just a few pictures I took on my iPhone.

Sunshine on the roof top lounge

Lots of clocks
Shoe lasts mounted on the wall, what a great idea!


Overall well worth a visit, We will be back!
and if your lucky enough to stay here one day then I'm very jealous.
  

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful blog Jen!! So glad you had a great time at the hotel, pics are amazing! ....good choice :) x You should send the blog to them! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.